U.S. Arms Company
Current Job Openings
The position requires the technical skills necessary to develop and implement robust manufacturing processes for precision CNC machined parts and assemblies. U.S. Arms Company focuses on the machining of aluminum, titanium, stainless steel, aluminum nickel bronze, and occasionally carbon fiber. We now machine parts up to 4 axis milling and 4 axis turning, and we are in the process of adding 5 axis milling and mill turn capability. U.S. Arms Company excels at manufacturing precision-machined parts and assemblies for Government and Industrial customers. Also, the U.S. Arms Company line of high-end components is well respected in the industry. Our expertise in these areas provides us with many growth opportunities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial or similar engineering field with (5) five years of Manufacturing Engineering experience in a CNC machining environment or (10) ten years of Manufacturing Engineering experience in a CNC machining environment (without a degree) is required
- Demonstrates proficiency with CAD (solid modeling) and CAM software
- Previous experience with SolidWorks, CATIA, Mastercam and/or Vericut
- Proficient with GD&T
- Demonstrates a professional and positive attitude as well as a passion for continual improvement
- Demonstrates strong time management skills with the ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects
- Aerospace experience a plus
- CMM experience a plus
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, management, and co-workers
CNC Mill Operator – Trained
Job Summary: Has completed training as a CNC Mill Operator and is able to work independently. Reports to Production Manager.
- Use computer to upload and download programs from the server to the mill and from the mill to the server. Also, keep current programs on file at the mill.
- Set up and run CNC Mill per Job Book with no assistance.
- Notify supervisor if any discrepancies are found in the Job Book.
- Know how to correctly stone surfaces as needed.
- Blend and deburr parts to print.
- Check aims to be sure part is being cut properly to the program specifications.
- Calibrate and check micrometers and calipers throughout the day.
- Notify Maintenance of any machine malfunctions.
- Train other employees on your machine and requisition tools as needed.
- Able to bend, stoop, twist, reach, lift 40 pounds and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
Assembler – Aerospace
This hands-on position requires skills and experience working with high precision machined parts and assemblies. Our focus is the government and industrial sectors as well as the U.S. Arms line of high-end patented components.
- Assemble and inspect aerospace components to facilitate shipping product of the highest standard to customers accurately and on time.
- Verify correct parts are used in properly identified assembly per Job Book
- Assemble parts accurately and to the highest standards per Job Book
- Rivet and drill parts per Job Book
- Inspect appearance of assembled parts.
- Part mark and date mark assembled part per Job Book
- Pack and mark container for easy identification/transfer to next operation
- Completed orders ready to ship to customer
- Completed assemblies to store in inventory
- Keep area clean and organized
- Requisition tools and supplies as needed
- Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, reach, lift 40 pounds and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
- Turn in paper work daily.
- Sign off on documentation.
Under moderate supervision, inspects work for defects in all phases of the process. Checks first and last parts produced and subsequent spot checks. Responsible for inspecting quality of work produced on machines or assembly process. This hands-on position requires skills and experience working with high precision machined parts and assemblies. Our focus is the government and industrial sectors as well as the U.S. Arms line of high-end patented components.
- Performs first article inspections and documents in Net-inspect software.
- Performs receiving inspection on assembly hardware and raw materials and verifies certifications and compares to purchase orders.
- Inspects contract machining and/or outside processing work and verify the certifications.
- Read and interpret blue prints and mechanical drawings
- Complete in-process inspections daily
- Complete inspection audit of finished parts to send to special processing.
- Read, interpret, and document on job work order router.
- Ensure identification and traceability of product from receipt of materials through shipment to customer
- Inspection of tooling from the Tool Room.
- Calibrate inspection gages and tooling and enter into calibration software.
- Writing of “Rejection Tags” for discrepant parts from Thomson and suppliers.
- Work with Purchasing, Engineering, and Production Control to complete inspections so that finished product may be shipped.
- Train inspectors, machine operators, and others in the proper use and calibration of gages, fixtures, and tooling.
Careers with U.S. Arms Company
At U.S. Arms Company we are always looking for qualified candidates to join our team. Qualified candidates may apply by downloading our application and submitting all required documents online.
Required documents: Signed Application, Updated Resume, References
To apply with U.S. Arms Company, please download our application, and submit along with your resume.
The above employment descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Also, this document describes the current position. It is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.